Individuals experiencing the physical effects of an injury or medical condition may benefit from physical, occupational or speech therapy services, or a combination of the three. Athletic Training services are also available at our Morris Orthopedics & Sports Medicine location. We are here to help you return to maximum independence.
Physical Therapy can help reduce physical limitations caused by many medical problems, so you can return to work activities and hobbies. Our experienced physical therapists can help you improve mobility, strength and balance, and decrease pain and fall risks.
Our Physical Therapy Services can assist those struggling with:
- Concussion Symptoms
- An orthopedic injury or surgery
- Walking or moving around
- Dizziness or balance problems
- Torticollis (shortening of neck muscles in infants)
- A change in ability to tolerate activities previously enjoyed because of weakness or fatigue
- Parkinson’s disease
There are all kinds of reasons to choose physical therapy services at Morris Hospital. All of our patients receive therapy from highly qualified, licensed therapists. Our therapy team stays in touch with your physician to deliver focused, safe and effective care. In addition, our therapists help guide patients through exercises that can be done independently as they continue their progress at home. Our rehabilitation team also includes occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and athletic trainers should you need additional services.
Our highly qualified therapists have achieved a greater depth of knowledge and skills by achieving specialized certifications in Physical Therapy. We have physical therapists certified in:
Outpatient physical therapy is provided at the following locations. Please note that specific services may vary by location. Our scheduling representative can assist you with finding the location that best serves your specific diagnosis:
- Channahon: Morris Hospital Ridge Road Campus, 27240 W. Saxony Drive, just north of Route 6 off Ridge Road. Phone 815-705-7828
- Diamond: Morris Hospital Diamond-Coal City Campus, 1450 E. Division Street, just west of McGinty Street on the north side of Route 113. Phone 815-705-7828
- Joliet: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1312 Houbolt Road. Phone 815-553-2860
- Morris: Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center of Morris Hospital, 100 Gore Road, just north of Interstate 80. Phone 815-705-7828
- Morris: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1051 W. U.S. Route 6, Suite 400. Phone 815-942-8301
- Ottawa: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1306 Gemini Circle, Suite 3. Phone 815-431-9980
Convenient parking is available at all locations.
Should you need assistance with transportation to one of your therapy appointments, please notify our scheduling representative at the time that you schedule your therapy appointment. We will do our best to connect you with transportation resources that may be available.