PLEASE SELECT A PORTAL
On April 1, 2023, Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers
will be combining the hospital portal and physician office portal
into one patient portal.
TRANSITION TO ONE PATIENT PORTAL – APRIL 1, 2023
On April 1, 2023, Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers will be combining the hospital portal and physician office portal into one patient portal. Patients currently using the physician office portal (Healow app) will use the hospital portal My Health@Morris Hospital (MHealth app) to access all medical records associated with Morris Hospital and our Healthcare Centers. The key benefit for patients is having one patient portal for all medical records associated with Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO PATIENTS?
- Beginning April 1, 2023, patients will use My Health@Morris Hospital to send and receive secure messages from their Morris Hospital Healthcare Center providers, request prescription refills, pay physician office and hospital bills, see upcoming appointments, and view visit summaries, lab and diagnostic imaging results.
- Parents will have proxy access to their children’s medical records for the first time.
- Patients will be able to continue to view the information that is currently in their Physician Office portal (Healow app) for a limited time; however, no new information will be added to the physician office portal starting April 1, 2023
- The information that is currently in the Physician Office portal (Healow app) will not roll over to My Health. Patients who would like to maintain a record of their previous office visits may consider printing the medical records from their Physician Office portal. Prior records will continue to be maintained in the physician office.
- Payment for office visits and services received prior to April 1, 2023 will not be able to be paid through either portal beginning April 1. Please refer to the Morris Hospital website for alternate payment options.
For patients already enrolled in My Health@Morris Hospital (MHealth app):
- No action is needed. Patients will continue to log in to My Health using their usual My Health username and password. Things may look slightly different, but the log in process will remain the same.
For patients not enrolled in My Health@Morris Hospital, there are 2 ways to enroll beginning April 1, 2023:
- After scheduling an appointment for a physician office visit or registering for a test or visit with Morris Hospital, patients will receive an email inviting them to enroll in the portal provided that we have the patient’s current email address on file.
- Patients who are seen in a Morris Hospital Healthcare Center can request an invitation to enroll in My Health@Morris Hospital by sending an email with their full name and date of birth to HCCPatientPortal@morrishospital.org. Or, contact our Medical Records department at 815-705-1393 or by email at email@example.com. Representatives are available to assist Monday-Friday between 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
To enroll in the hospital portal prior to April 1, 2023, please refer to our usual hospital patient portal enrollment process.
Thank you for your patience as we make the transition to one patient portal.
ACCESS YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION WHEREVER YOU GO!
You can have your health in the palm of your hands! Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers offers access to its patient portals through two mobile apps, MHealth and Healow. (Note: No new information will be added to the Healow app beginning April 1, 2023 when the physician office and hospital portals are combined into 1.)
Both apps keep track of your appointments, test results, visit summaries and much more!
Please note: You must be signed up for the portals before you can begin using the mobile apps.
Click on the button below to learn more!