Individuals experiencing the physical effects of an injury or medical condition may benefit from physical, occupational or speech therapy services, or a combination of the three. We are here to help you return to maximum independence.
Occupational Therapy can help improve safety and independence in everyday living activities such as bathing, dressing, and toileting. We can improve daily living skills by teaching strategies and techniques or by recommending adaptive equipment. Our occupational therapists want to help you return to work, household and leisure activities. We can also provide exercise programs, pain management, splints, and positioning devices to help you recover as quickly as possible.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES:
Our Occupational Therapy Services can assist those struggling with:
- An orthopedic injury or surgery
- Performing daily tasks such as getting dressed, cooking or bathing
- Using hands when writing, keyboarding or opening jars
- A change in ability to tolerate activities previously enjoyed because of weakness or fatigue
- Parkinson’s disease
Our occupational therapy services are available at locations in Morris, Channahon, Diamond-Coal City, and Ottawa.
There are all kinds of reasons to choose occupational therapy services at Morris Hospital. All of our patients receive therapy from highly qualified, licensed therapists. Our therapy team stays in touch with your physician to deliver focused, safe and effective care. In addition, our therapists help guide patients through exercises that can be done independently as they continue their progress at home. Our rehabilitation team also includes physical therapists, speech language pathologists, and athletic trainers should you need additional services.
Our highly qualified therapists have achieved a greater depth of knowledge and skills by achieving specialized certifications in Occupational Therapy. We have occupational therapists certified in:
- Neuromuscular Taping
- Graston Techniques
- Hand Therapy
Outpatient occupational therapy is provided at the following location. Please note that specific services may vary by location. Our scheduling representative can assist you with finding the location that best serves your specific diagnosis:
- Morris: Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center of Morris Hospital, 100 Gore Road, just north of Interstate 80. Phone 815-705-7828
- Morris: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1050 W. U.S. Route 6, Suite 400. Phone 815-942-8301
- Diamond: Morris Hospial Diamond-Coal City Campus, 1450 E. Division Street, just west of McGinty Street on the north side of Route 113. Phone 815-705-7828
- Channahon: Morris Hospital Ridge Road Campus, 27240 W. Saxony Drive, just north of Route 6. Phone 815-705-7828
- Ottawa: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1306 Gemini Circle, Suite 3. Phone 815-431-9980
Convenient parking is available at all locations.
Should you need assistance with transportation to one of your therapy appointments, please notify our scheduling representative at the time that you schedule your therapy appointment. We will do our best to connect you with transportation resources that may be available.