Individuals experiencing the physical effects of an injury or medical condition may benefit from physical, occupational or speech therapy services, or a combination of the three. We are here to help you return to maximum independence.
Occupational Therapy can help improve safety and independence in everyday living activities such as bathing, dressing, and toileting. We can improve daily living skills by teaching strategies and techniques or by recommending adaptive equipment. Our occupational therapists want to help you return to work, household and leisure activities. We can also provide exercise programs, pain management, splints, and positioning devices to help you recover as quickly as possible.
Our Occupational Therapy Services can assist those struggling with:
- An orthopedic injury or surgery
- Performing daily tasks such as getting dressed, cooking or bathing
- Using hands when writing, keyboarding or opening jars
- A change in ability to tolerate activities previously enjoyed because of weakness or fatigue
- Parkinson’s disease
Our occupational therapy services are available at locations in Morris, Channahon, Diamond-Coal City, and Ottawa.
There are all kinds of reasons to choose occupational therapy services at Morris Hospital. All of our patients receive therapy from highly qualified, licensed therapists. Our therapy team stays in touch with your physician to deliver focused, safe and effective care. Plus, therapy is provided in a safe environment with a provider available on the premises at all times. In addition, our therapists help guide patients through exercises that can be done independently as they continue their progress at home. Our rehabilitation team also includes physical therapists and speech language pathologists should you need additional services.
Our highly qualified therapists have achieved a greater depth of knowledge and skills by achieving specialized certifications in Occupational Therapy. We have occupational therapists certified in:
- Neuromuscular Taping
- Graston Techniques
Outpatient occupational therapy is provided at:
- Morris: Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center of Morris Hospital, 100 Gore Road, just north of Interstate 80. Phone 815-705-7828
- Morris: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1050 W. U.S. Route 6, Suite 400. Phone 815-942-8301
- Diamond: Morris Hospial Diamond-Coal City Campus, 1450 E. Division Street, just west of McGinty Street on the north side of Route 113. Phone 815-705-7828
- Channahon: Morris Hospital Ridge Road Campus, 27240 W. Saxony Drive, just north of Route 6. Phone 815-705-7828
- Ottawa: Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 1306 Gemini Circle, Suite 3. Phone 815-431-9980
Convenient parking is available at all locations.
Free transportation is available to and from therapy appointments through the Morris Hospital Patient Transportation Service. We ask that requests for transportation be made as far in advance as possible and no less than 72 hours ahead of your appointment.