Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work out of an already established medical practice (circa. 1983) that has a patient population across the rural communities of Mazon, Morris and several others in our service area. We are looking for a great colleague to help take over this medical practice, who’s passionate about primary care, committed, motivated with strong work ethics and desires to provide quality care to patients. This is a golden opportunity for a new or experienced physician who’d be thankful of the extraordinary hard-work that’s been put in over the last 35 years. Be part of a highly-reputable practice who’s proud to offer a small town atmosphere where patients are treated like family and continue to return for all of their healthcare needs.
- M-F clinic schedule is flexible, e.g. 4.5 work days. Mazon office is 20 minutes south of hospital – work with FNP. Morris office is located on hospital campus – work with other primary care providers & specialists. At both clinics work with competent clinical (RN & MA) and non-clinical staff members whom many have been part of the same practice for years. Services onsite for patients include EKGs, lab draws (pick-up occurs 2-3x/day – labs processed at hospital, which takes care of 93% of tests), diabetic screening, in-office Pro-Time/INR, HA1C testing.
- Option to follow in-patients or utilize hospitalist/peds service, e.g. 3-4 daily adult inpatients with adjusted clinic start time. Weekend IM Call 1:4, Weekend FP Call 1:11.
- Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians since inception, circa 2009. They take care of 85%-90% of inpatients. 24/7 in-house Hospitalist coverage begins July 2021, with addition of Nocturnists.
- Hospital EMR = Meditech; Outpatient EMR = eClinicalWorks; Dragon dictation available. Comprehensive training and shadowing schedule offered during initial onboarding.
- You have a true voice in decision-making here! Be part of our active medical staff committees, physician advisory councils and engaging healthcare center meetings.
About the Hospital, Community & Contact Information:
- Work with an organization that’s true to its mission of improving the health of area residents. We received a 4-star rating from CMS for Overall Hospital Quality in 2021! Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). We boast a renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients – done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since ‘98.
- Receive support from our award-winning nursing staff (received top department score 6th year in a row from our Physician Engagement Survey!) and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments. Awesome Case Management/Social Work support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every patient (including ICU) in the morning.
- Work with a Level II Trauma Center that’s accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program. We also have a Sleep Center, phenomenal ED & Radiology departments (including IR & Breast Health Nurse Navigator, >20PCPs on staff, Peds, 4 Immediate/OccMed centers, our own blood bank, 3 pathologists, plus PT/OT/SLP Rehabilitation Services, pain management, and wound care.
- Multitude of great sub-specialty consults available, e.g. open-ICU setting (with PulmCC consults available), Primary Stroke Certified, ENT, 24/7 STEMI/Cardio, GI, GS, Colo-Rectal, Ortho & Back, ID, RadOnc, Hem/Onc, Neph (we do inpatient Dialysis here), Rheum, Endo, Ob/GYN, Tele-Psych, and outpatient LCSWs to name a few.
- Since 03/18, we began a $60 million master facility plan that included expanding our ED (17 private rooms with state-of-the-art features). We also renovated our IF therapy, imaging (new women’s center!), outpt lab services and main lobby patient flow. Our newly remodeled Cardiac Diagnostics Department was expanded and conveniently moved next to the Cath Lab as part of Phase II. As part of Phase 3, we will be modernizing our surgical waiting room and ORs and updating our patient registration process, starting Spring 2021.
Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities and beautiful neighborhoods that are safe and provide naturally distanced areas with beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation at its BEST! When you work at Morris Hospital, we’re confident you won’t be sitting in traffic on the way to-and-from the office. We are also in close proximity to some of the state’s most prestigious colleges and universities. Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds with being centrally located close to Chicago. Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here!
For information, contact:
Breanna McNally, MBA, CPCS