Morris Hospital Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (MHOSM), a mid-size, employed group with modern state-of-the-art offices is seeking a successor for a busy and well-known physician who plans to retire in the next few years. We are seeking a physician who is motivated, has a strong work ethic and desires to become part of a successful orthopedic team. This is an AMAZING opportunity for a surgeon since you will be addressing an established community need and embedded in a well-managed practice that’s been deeply rooted in a large service area for over 28 years. We currently don’t have anyone who does revisions. We’re looking for someone who’s interested in total knee & hip; anterior hip approach is great, but not required.
- Seeking new or experienced candidates to work with Keith Rezin, Dr. Raymond Meyer, Dr. Mir Ali, Dr. Robert Williams, Dr. Kyle Pearson (Podiatry), Taelor Stuedemann, APRN, and Lukas Jakubonis, PA. Incoming physician would expect to see a variety of cases including joint, shoulder, and trauma along with some general orthopedics.
- Outpatient offices are located in Ottawa, Morris, & Joliet, plus block surgery time at Morris Hospital & Deerpath Ambulatory Surgery Center (onsite at Morris ofc). Call 1:5
- Morris: 9 exam rooms incl. the following services available onsite: Lab, X-Ray w/C-arm & MRI (superb Radiologist support), DME, Fluoroscopy suite, Workman’s Comp, & PT.
- Ottawa & Joliet: 6 exam rooms, plus podiatry, cast room, onsite X-Ray and Physical Therapy.
- Spine Institute developed in 2013 by Dr. Mir Ali and Foot and Ankle Institute developed in 2014 by Dr. Kyle Pearson.
- Morris Hospital – Surgery, Inpatient and Outpatient support services.
- Deerpath Ambulatory Surgical Center – currently has 2 surgery suites for Ortho, GI, Eye & ENT with 8 pre- and post-op beds.
- Certified Ortho Techs and ATC’s are used in clinic and surgery (when needed) as support and extenders for physicians.
Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base Salary with potential to earn additional productivity and quality compensation, Medical Education Loan Repayment per year (if appl.), $6K Annual CME & General Expense Allowance, GREAT Health (BCBS), Life, & Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, PTO accrual, gym membership, and annual Wellness Incentive.
About the Hospital & Community:
- Work with an organization that’s true to its mission of improving the health of area residents. Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). Received 5-star rating from CMS for Overall Hospital Quality in 2021, one of only 455 nationwide to receive this esteemed honor. We boast a renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients – done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since ‘98.
- Work with a Level II Trauma Center that’s accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program. We also have a Sleep Center, long-standing phenomenal ED & Radiology departments (including IR & Breast Health Nurse Navigator), ENT, Peds, Ob/Gyn, 4 Urgent Care centers, our own blood bank, 3 pathologists, plus PT/OT/SLP Rehabilitation Services, pain management, wound care. We are Primary Stroke Certified (give TPA in ED – we keep Stroke patients), and a multitude of other great sub-specialty consults available, e.g. 24/7 STEMI Call 1:3, GI, GS, Colo-Rectal, Ortho/Back/Podiatry, ID, RadOnc, Hem/Onc, Neph (we do inpatient Dialysis here), Rheum, Endo, Tele-Psych, open ICU with Pulm consults available to name a few. Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians. Hospitalists admit inpatients day and night (Nocturnist program coming Summer 2021).
- Receive support from our award-winning nursing staff and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments. Awesome Case Management/Social Work support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every inpatient (including ICU) in the morning.
- *Since 03/18, we began a $60 million master facility plan that included expanding our ED which opened early March 2020 (17 private rooms with state-of-the-art features). We also renovated our infusion therapy, imaging (new women’s center!), outpatient lab services and main lobby patient flow. Starting this Spring as part of Phase 3, we will be modernizing our surgical waiting room and ORs and updating our patient registration process. All Master Facility Plan updates are estimated to be completed late 2022.
- Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities. Beautiful neighborhoods are safe and provide naturally distanced areas with beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation at its BEST! Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds with being centrally located 75min southwest of Chicago.
If you’re interested in our full-time opportunity, please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to getting to know you better while sharing how we can meet your professional interests and needs. ~Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations at Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers; firstname.lastname@example.org; 815-705-1470 (office); 630-347-7539 (cell, texts/calls welcome)