Morris Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (MHOSM), a mid-size, employed group w/modern state-of-the-art offices is seeking a successor for a busy and well-known physician who’s looking to pass on his practice as he slows down. This is an AMAZING opportunity since you will be addressing an established community need and embedded in a well-managed practice that’s been deeply rooted in a large service area for over 28 years. The current physician does about 300-350 totals/year and that is with zero marketing! We’re looking for someone who’s interested in total knee & hip; anterior hip approach is great who does revisions, so that, but not required. We currently don’t have anyone would be a plus to our market.
- Seeking physician to work with collegial group who all participate in call: Keith Rezin (General/Total Joint), Dr. Raymond Meyer (General/Sports), Dr. Mir Ali (Spine), Dr. Robert Williams (General/Upper Extremity), Dr. Stephen Treacy (General/Sports), Dr. Kyle Pearson (Podiatry), Taelor Stuedemann, APRN (works with Dr. Rezin), Lukas Jakubonis, PA (works with Dr. Ali) and Austin Spoon, APRN (works with Dr. Meyer).
- Expect to see a variety of cases including joint (hips, knees), shoulder, along with some trauma (enough to stay current – nothing extensive) and general orthopedics.
- Referral patterns are very strong and continue to grow with practices’ great reputation with 23 PCPs and 37 other represented specialties on staff. Excellent working relationships with collegial medical staff members.
- Outpatient offices are located in Ottawa, Morris, Diamond-Coal City (DCC) & Joliet, plus block surgery time at Morris Hospital & Deerpath ASC (onsite at Morris ofc). Call 1:6
- Morris: 9 exam rooms incl. the following services available onsite: Lab, X-Ray w/C-arm & MRI (superb Radiologist support), DME, Fluoroscopy suite, Workman’s Comp, & PT.
- Ottawa, D-CC & Joliet: 6 exam rooms, plus podiatry, cast room, onsite X-Ray and PT.
- Spine Institute developed in 2013 by Dr. Mir Ali and Foot and Ankle Institute developed in 2014 by Dr. Kyle Pearson.
- Morris Hospital – Surgery, Inpatient and Outpatient support services.
- Deerpath Ambulatory Surgical Center – currently has 2 surgery suites for Ortho, GI, Eye & ENT with 8 pre- and post-op beds. Investment opportunity with ASC!
About the Hospital & Community:
- Work with an organization that’s true to its mission of improving the health of area residents. Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). Received 5-star rating from CMS for Overall Hospital Quality in 2021, one of only 455 nationwide to receive this esteemed honor.
- We boast a renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients that covers a 30-mile radius – done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since 1998.
- Work with a Level II Trauma Center that’s accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program. We also have a Sleep Center, long-standing phenomenal ED & Radiology departments (including IR & Breast Health Nurse Navigator), ENT, Peds, Ob/Gyn, 4 Urgent Care centers, our own blood bank, 3 pathologists, plus PT/OT/SLP Rehabilitation Services, pain management, wound care. We are Primary Stroke Certified (give TPA in ED – we keep Stroke patients), and a multitude of other great sub-specialty consults available, e.g. 24/7 STEMI Call 1:3, GI, GS, Colo-Rectal, Ortho/Back/Podiatry, ID, RadOnc, Hem/Onc, Neph (we do inpatient Dialysis here), Rheum, Endo, Tele-Psych, open ICU with Pulm consults available to name a few. Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians. 24/7 Hospitalist program admits 90% of inpatients day and night.
- Receive support from our award-winning nursing staff and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments. Awesome Case Management/Social Work support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every inpatient (including ICU) in the morning.
- *Since 03/18, we began a $60 million master facility plan that included expanding our ED which opened early March 2020 (17 private rooms with state-of-the-art features). We also renovated our infusion therapy, imaging (new women’s center!), outpatient lab services and main lobby patient flow. Phase III started Summer 2021 with peri-operative and overall updates will result in modernizing our surgical waiting room and ORs and updating our patient registration process.
- Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities. Beautiful neighborhoods are safe and provide naturally distanced areas with beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation at its BEST! Enjoy outdoor activities here and nearby at popular Starved Rock and Matthiessen State Parks. We have an eclectic and historical downtown that has several unique shops, dining options, tea room, annual CornFest and Home for the Holidays Festival. Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds with being centrally located 75min SW of Chicago.
Contact Information: For more information, please contact Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician/APP Recruitment & Relations at (815) 705-1470, texts/calls also welcome at 630-347-7539 or email her at email@example.com