Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a FT BE/BC Geriatrician who’d focus their time and expertise to patients at the hospital and independent LTC facilities, where we have strong relationships. Be seen as an expert in geriatric care to our medical staff and community who’d learn and benefit from your dedicated service. We are looking for a great colleague who’s passionate about geriatric care, committed, motivated with strong work ethics and desires to provide quality care to patients. This is a golden employment opportunity for a new or experienced physician who’d be appreciative of the extraordinary framework already in place. Hospice & Palliative fellowship is a plus, but not required.
- Help expand our geriatric footprint at more facilities and reduce readmission rates in two ways –1.) Be available for geriatric in-patient hospital consults, refer back to PCP after patient stabilizes or help with hospice discussions/referrals and 2.) round as-needed at local LTC facilities, includes taking on some LTC patients from other PCPs on staff to help open up Access. Work with full-time LTC APRN who’d solely round at facilities M-F, providing primary evaluations, patient support and education. Facilities are located in Morris, Marseilles, Ottawa, Dwight & Yorkville.
- Be an integral part of our reputable Geriatric & Hospice team that’s already in place with a large patient population that can be expanded to more facilities. Dr. Roumeliotis and two advanced practice providers see 75% of patients out of 3 facilities in Morris and Marseilles, where he serves as medical director. In addition, Dr. Syed and two other advanced practice providers are also on staff at the same facilities. LTC call is equally shared between physicians. Option to participate in Lightways Hospice call, if interested where Dr. Roumeliotis serves as co-director.
- You have a true voice in decision-making here! Be part of our active medical staff committees, physician advisory councils and engaging healthcare center meetings, e.g. ACO Steering and Post-Acute Care Committee.
Benefits Include: $280K income potential with Guaranteed Base Salary, Medical Education Loan Repayment per year (if appl.), $8,000 Moving Bonus Assistance, $6,000 Annual CME & General Expense Allowance, earn quality-based bonus from the start of employment, GREAT Health (BCBS), Life, & Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, gym membership, and annual Wellness Incentive. Accrue 5 weeks of PTO in first year, 6 weeks at 5th work anniversary.
About the Hospital, Community & Contact Information:
- 90% of inpatients are seen by our dedicated, 24/7 hospitalist service. All of our sub-specialists take call overnight – we boast 37 medical specialties, e.g. 24/7 STEMI/Cardio, Primary Stroke Certified, ENT, GI, GS, Colo-Rectal, Ortho/Back, ID, Neph (we do inpatient Dialysis here), Rheum, Endo, Tele-Psych, open-ICU setting (with PulmCC consults available) and phenomenal, long-standing ED & Rad departments to name a few. Awesome Case Management/Social Work support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every patient (including ICU) in the morning.
- Work with an organization that’s true to its mission of “improving the health of area residents.” We received a 5-star rating from CMS for Overall Hospital Quality in 2021! Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). Receive support from our award-winning nursing staff (received top department score 6th year in a row from our Physician Engagement Survey!)
- We are accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program and have Hem/Onc and our own RadOnc center. We also have a Sleep Center, 4 Immediate/OccMed centers, our own blood bank, 3 pathologists, plus PT/OT/SLP Rehabilitation Services, pain management, wound care, wonderful 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments and outpatient geriatric LCSWs. We boast a renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients – done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since 1998.
- Since 03/18, we began a $60 million master facility plan that included expanding our ED (17 private rooms with state-of-the-art features). We also renovated our IF therapy, imaging (new women’s center!), outpt lab services and main lobby patient flow. Our newly remodeled Cardiac Diagnostics Department was expanded and conveniently moved next to the Cath Lab as part of Phase II. We’ve started Phase III which focuses on updating our internal OR/Endoscopy suite.
Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education, many employment opportunities, and beautiful neighborhoods that are safe and provide naturally distanced areas with beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation at its BEST! Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here!
For more information, please contact Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations at (815) 705-1470, texts/calls also welcome at 630-347-7539 or by emailing her at email@example.com