Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers in Morris, Illinois offers a well-established, employed 24/7 hospitalist service-line with access to a multitude of specialists for you and the in-patients you’ll help care for along with the rest of the team. Be part of a Level II Trauma, Primary Stroke Center and non-profit hospital, with a 4-Star rating for Overall Hospital Quality from CMS. We have a genuine need for another highly-motivated BC/BE Internal Medicine physician with strong work ethics to work with our daytime team. Seeking candidates wanting full-time employment (W2) status or PRN (1099) shift help.
Currently, our two daytime hospitalists care for a 30-32 census (together), which includes about 6-8 admits daily. Plus, our daytime hospitalist APRN helps with all discharges, care coordination and some rounding when census increases at time.
Hospitalist Program Details
- 24/7 in-house Hospitalist service-line takes care of 95% of inpatients
- During the day, work alongside another FT hospitalist plus FT hospitalist-APRN(s) – 3 physicians present, plus additional APRN(s) during high-census days, e.g. Fall/Winter
- Work 7on/7off (Mon-Sun), holidays rotated evenly between FT hospitalists; 7am-7pm, 12hr shifts
- Meditech EMR; Dragon dictation available, plus dedicated hospitalist coder reviews all charts
- Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients & physicians since 2009
- Be comfortable w/rounding in open, all-encompassing ICU, e.g. Neuro, Cardio, Pulm consults avail
- Awesome Case Management/Social Work & RN support; Morning Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every patient (including open-ICU)
- Daytime hospitalist should be comfortable running codes, if needed; no intubations required
- BLS/ACLS certification required through American Heart Association
- Daytime consults by Ortho/Spine, Pod, GI, GS, Rheum, Endo, Neph (inpt Dialysis), 24/7 STEMI, ID, Pain, plus we have in-house core laboratory, pathology and our own blood bank.
- One Nocturnist on-duty with ED & Anes support (7p-7a). Plus, all of our sub-specialists take call.
Full-time Hospitalist (Employed/W2)
- Fixed Based Salary
- Medical Education Loan Repayment, if applicable
- Fixed quality-based incentive; 100% achieved by staff hospitalists over the last few years
- Extra hourly stipend for picking up shifts >7on/7off schedule (added benefit, not requirement)
- CME and General Expense Reimbursement
- Great Health/Vision/Dental/Life/Disability insurance
- Paid malpractice, no tail responsibilities
PRN Hospitalist (Contracted/1099)
- Pick up 12hr, daytime shifts as available
- No minimum number of shifts needed to pick-up – continue to stay on PRN roster
- Flat rate with working onsite 12hr shift; daytime hours are 7:00am-7:00pm
- Paid application/background check fee as well as on-going annual hospital dues
- Covered on our hospitalist malpractice policy – no tail responsibilities
- Beautiful, safe neighborhoods & unique properties – some with backyard accessible waterfronts
- Highly rated schools plus easy commute to Illinois’ most prestigious colleges & universities
- 61 miles to Chicago and short drive to Chicago suburbs
- Diverse foodie experiences from local shops to made-from scratch fine dining to cultural cuisine
- Our service area includes close-knit communities with excellent employment opportunities for the family. Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here!
For information, contact:
Breanna McNally, MBA, CPCS
I look forward to chatting with you soon and putting you in touch with some of our primary care physicians who’ve found MHHC to be home!