The mission of Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers extends far beyond the traditional hospital setting:
Keeping Our Community Healthy
- We offer free senior fitness classes for the community at the United Methodist Church in Minooka and at the Morris Community YMCA. The goal is to help seniors improve their mobility, flexibility and strength while providing socialization.
- Our 5K Fun Run is one of the highlights of the annual Grundy County Corn Festival.
- Our free Patient Transportation Service serves a vital role in the community by providing free rides to medical appointments. The service is available to any community member needing a ride and is especially used by seniors and low-income community members.
- Our annual Camp 911 safety program for area 3-5th graders is possible through collaboration with a number of community partners, who in past years have included EPIC Group, Morris EMS, Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District, Grundy County Sheriff’s Department, Morris Police Department, Minooka Fire Protection District, Morris Lions Club, Will County SWAT, Coal City Search and Rescue, Will County 911, MABAS 15 Water Rescue Team, independent physicians and Morris Hospital.
Developing Our Future Healthcare Workforce
- As part of our commitment to supporting our community’s future healthcare providers, our staff devotes time to mentoring students studying to become nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, lab and radiology technologists through Joliet Junior College, College of DuPage, Illinois Valley Community College, Kankakee Community College, Lewis University, Midwestern University, Swedish American University, University of St. Francis, and Grundy Vocational Center.
- We are committed to hosting students through the Grundy Economic Development Council’s summer internship program. This program provides local students exposure to career opportunities in their communities.
- Since 2015, we have been partnering with the Morris Community YMCA to offer a variety of programming, including group exercise classes, youth enrichment and teen programs, senior wellness programs, and a number of medically-based fitness programs and community wellness initiatives.
- As a Resource Hospital within Illinois Region VII Emergency Medical Services (EMS), we provide initial education and continuing training for area emergency medical technicians and paramedics, working side by side with local EMS providers to ensure the very best pre-hospital care for local communities.
- It is our privilege to provide laundered sheets, blankets and towels for the local PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter), in addition to providing pickup and delivery service, all free of charge, along with Saturday and Sunday meals for PADS clients.
- Many of our leaders offer their talents and expertise to community organizations by serving as volunteer leaders on boards of directors.
- We are a significant partner of the Will Grundy Medical Clinic, which provides free medical and dental care to qualifying residents. We demonstrate our support by providing free use of office space each month, volunteer time from Morris Hospital employed physicians, and free hospital services to clients referred from WGMC.
- While the hospital is committed to funding We Care of Grundy County’s mobile food pantries and Fill the Pantry initiatives multiple times throughout the year, Morris Hospital employees volunteer their time to staff these events.
- Our employees can be found ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at holiday time.
- Our Nutrition Services department prepares meals for patrons of St. Vincent’s Table six times a year, along with staff to serve the meals.
- We provide financial support to many area high schools’ post prom activities.