Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has been improving the health of area residents since 1906. Located 55 miles southwest of Chicago in Morris, Illinois, the 89-bed Morris Hospital is known for its compassionate and personalized approach to healthcare. This is attributed to the outstanding work of 1,400 employees, 300 volunteers, and a medical staff of more than 200 physicians and allied health/advanced practice providers representing most medical specialties. Services are provided at 28 locations in 12 communities. Morris Hospital enjoys a partnership with the Morris Community YMCA.
Mission: To improve the health of area residents.
Vision: Transforming healthcare to support healthier living.
Values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence.
- Among the 13% of hospitals in the country to receive a Five-Star Overall Hospital Quality Rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2021).
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade 8th consecutive “A” (May 2022)
- Best Employer in Grundy County – Morris Herald News’ Reader’s Choice awards (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Patient Safety Champion award from the Midwest Alliance for Patient Safety – Patient Safety Organization (2018)
- A Truven Health Analytics 100 Top Hospitals® award winner (2016)
- Solucient Top 100 Hospitals (2007)
- Accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program, a brand of Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- Awarded Primary Stroke Certification from the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program
- Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program
- A certified mammography facility, accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Accredited by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists
- Designated as a Level II Trauma Center
- Designated as a Level II Perinatal Care Provider
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Recognized as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- Licensed by the Illinois State Department of Public Health
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (Medicare)
- A member in the American Hospital Association and the Illinois Hospital and Health Systems Association
To receive a copy of the Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers IRS Form 990, please call 815-705-1443. Copies are available upon request.