Volunteering with Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers allows individuals to donate their gift of time by sharing their own life experiences and special talents with others. By selflessly lending their time and talents, volunteers make a difference in the lives of so many.
Morris Hospital is committed to placing volunteers in positions that best match their wishes, interests and availability, along with the hospital’s needs. Flexible hours are available to fit busy schedules. Various assignments for volunteers include:
- Blood Drives – Register donors and offer refreshments.
- Clerical – Help various departments as assigned with filing, mailings and photocopying.
- Gift Shop – Cashier, inventory and stock merchandise.
- Lifeline® – Provide assistance to Lifeline subscribers as directed by staff.
- Outpatient Registration Escort – Greet and escort day surgery patients from registration desk.
- Patient Transportation – Transport patients to scheduled appointments by serving as a driver or assistant.
- Surgery Waiting Room – Attend and inform visitors waiting for loved ones in surgery.
In addition to attending orientation, volunteers receive thorough training in order to carry out their specific responsibilities. Volunteers are also provided a uniform and picture identification badge to wear while performing volunteer duties.
Find out about the requirements and rewards of being a volunteer at Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, you can fill out a volunteer application now.
Volunteers who have completed their second year of high school are eligible for the Morris Hospital Volunteer Program. High School volunteers work in the following Morris Hospital service areas:
- Morris Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop
Volunteers are asked to commit to 50 hours per year, roughly, 4 hours per month. The volunteer services department will make every effort to work within a student’s school, family and extra-curricular commitments.
For more information, we invite you to review our guidelines:
REGISTRATION & PARENTAL CONSENT FORMS
Interested students should complete the following online forms:
While it is a privilege to have so many dedicated individuals volunteering throughout Morris Hospital, we do ask our volunteers to meet certain requirements. Each volunteer must agree to:
- Maintain hospital and patient confidentiality.
- Comply with uniform dress code.
- Attend an orientation prior to training.
- Comply with educational components as required by Morris Hospital.
- Have a TB screening. (Provided at no charge)
- Complete criminal background check successfully.
- Be able to provide three references.
- Have an annual flu vaccine (provided at no charge) or comply with the Morris Hospital mask policy during flu season.
There are many benefits to volunteering. Volunteers have an opportunity to make new friends and learn new skills. Many find assisting others brings great personal satisfaction. Because Volunteers are one of Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers’ most important assets, they receive the following rewards in appreciation of their service:
- One Complimentary meal in the Bistro Cafe on the day of service
- Spring Appreciation Luncheon
- FREE Flu Shots (in season)
- Service award pins
- Informative newsletters
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, click on the button below to complete our volunteer application. Or, for more information, call (815) 705-7022 to speak to the Volunteer Services Manager.