Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is a not-for-profit, 89-bed hospital located 55 miles southwest of Chicago in the heart of Grundy County. We are best known for our compassionate and personalized approach to care.
Request a free heart attack warning signs magnet!
This holiday season and all winter long, please take heart attack warning signs seriously when shoveling snow. Minutes can make a difference. Click here to request a free refrigerator magnet with the heart attack warning signs!
- August 12, 2014 -- "Because my sister had died of breast cancer, I was frightened when I found a nodule in my breast. I stopped by the hospital to see if a mammogram had been ordered. Much to my surprise and to my relief, Carrie, who does mammograms worked me into her busy schedule within an hour and a half of my arrival. Thank you, Carrie, you are certainly a great asset to the great reputation of Morris hospital. Others at the registration and scheduling desk were very kind also."
- May 28, 2014 -- “I have been in and out of the hospital since February 2013, fighting cancer and end stage kidney failure. I have been introduced to some of the best (my opinion) that I have come across in my life. For the hospital itself, the staff has been so tremendous. I get treated like a human life, with respect and compassion. We all know that everything is not always going to go our way, or we are not going to get the news we want. It’s the way it’s presented to us and how we take it. Thank you to all.”
- September 27, 2014 -- "I went into the hospital September 15 for back surgery. I cannot say enough about the awesome care I had. When I walked in, Lisa took care of me. Then I went to Kelly and then all the awesome nursing staff when I went to my room. Dr. Ali and Dr. Cumba took good care of me as well. I just can't pick out one person because everyone ROCKED!! I want to thank you all for taking such good care of me. God blessed me with such wonderful people."
- Introduction to Breastfeeding Monday, December 7, 2015
- Heart Failure Support Group Thursday, December 3, 2015
- Job Fair Thursday, December 3, 2015
- Morris Hospital Continues Straight-A Streak for Patient Safety
Morris Hospital has received its eighth consecutive "A" rating from the Leapfrog Group, placing it in an increasingly elite group of just 133 hospitals in the nation who have achieved "Straight A's" since the Hospital Safety Score was launched in June 2012.
- Morris Hospital Announces Diabetes Screenings in November
In recognition of Diabetes Month, Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is offering free diabetes screenings on Thursday, November 12 from 6:30-8:30 a.m. at locations in Channahon, Coal City, Dwight, Morris, Ottawa and Yorkville.
- Senior Health Insurance Counseling Service Available
A volunteer counselor from the Senior Health Insurance Program is available at Morris Hospital by appointment to provide free health insurance counseling for Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers. Counselors are also available by appointment in Coal City and Seneca.