The Morris Hospital Emergency Department provides a walk-in option 24 hours around the clock and is the right choice for serious, life-threatening medical emergencies. At Morris Hospital, care is provided by board-certified emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
While the list below does not represent every kind of symptom that could occur, if you think you or someone else may be having a medical emergency, call 911 or seek immediate medical care at a hospital emergency department:
- Chest or upper abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath, abnormal or difficulty breathing
- Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
- Changes in vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Confusion or changes in mental status, unusual behavior, difficulty waking
- Sudden or severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
- Unusual abdominal pain
- Severe headache or vomiting, especially follow a head injury (Concussion)
- Fever in children accompanied by a change in behavior
- Any significant change from normal behavior
OTHER LOCATIONS: Do you have a mild to moderate injury or illness? Convenient Care and Immediate Care locations are also available in Channahon, Diamond-Coal City, Morris and Yorkville. Find all of our urgent care locations on our Urgent Care webpage.
24 hours a day; 365 days a year
Depending on your health insurance, a co-pay and/or co-insurance may apply to your emergency room visit. Before visiting one of our locations, check your insurance carrier for specific benefits and coverage. View the full list of insurance plans accepted.