Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a full-time, BC/BE Internal Medicine physician who is passionate about inpatient medicine, committed, motivated with strong work ethics and desires to practice quality care. We currently have a Nocturnist position open, where the physician would work a 7on/7off, 12hr in-house schedule from 7pm-7am.
BLS/ACLS certification required through American Heart Association. No visa support at this time since our hospital and clinics are not in underserved areas.
- Know your schedule in advance in case you’d like to switch – Entire team takes care of 85% of inpatients.
- Only 1 Nocturnist on-duty at night, 7pm-7am (in-house), with ED and Anesthesia support. Nightly admissions average 4-6. Nightly cross cover patients would range from 32-35 and out of those would be 4-5 ICU patients. All of our sub-specialists take call overnight.
- EMR is Meditech – Dragon dictation available as well; plus dedicated hospital coder reviews all charts for efficiency.
- Awesome Case Management, Social Work & Pharmacy support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every patient (including ICU) every day in the morning. Physician attendance welcome!
- No procedures needed; ED/ICU run the codes and rapid responses day and night. ED/Anes are typically the ones who help with intubating patients, General Surgeons also help as well.
- Level II Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Certified (gives TPA in ED – we keep Stroke patients), multitude of great, sub-specialty services avail: 24/7 STEMI call-Cath Lab, GI, GS, Colon-Rectal, Rad w/interventional, Ortho & Back, ID, 24/7 Pharmacy, RadOnc, Rheum, Endo, Tele-Psych, to name a few.
- Physicians should be comfortable w/rounding in open, all-encompassing ICU, e.g. Neuro, Cardio, etc. Pulmonary consults available.
- Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians since inception, circa 2009 – Lakshmi Anubrolu helped start the program and currently works as our Hospitalist Medical Director.
- Work with a cohesive team – several of our hospitalists today have been working together for the last 5+ or 10+years! – Team consists of FT/PT physicians and locum physicians as well as a FT Hospitalist APRN who works 8am-5pm M-F, helping with increasing hospitalist team volumes, care coordination and discharge planning.
If you’re interested in a full-time opportunity, please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to getting to know you better while sharing how we can meet your professional interests and needs. – Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations @ Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers; Office: 815-705-1470; E-mail: email@example.com