Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has a hospital-employed opportunity for a full-time BE/BC Primary Care (Med/Peds or Family Medicine*) Physician to work out of an already well-known medical practice in downtown Seneca, IL, 15min west from the hospital. The current practicing physician, Dr. Dana Howd is looking for a successor for their 25year+ successful practice.
- Balanced Home/Work life – see patients in the office 36hrs M-F only (hours are flexible).
- Practice consists of a 70%adult/30%pediatric patient population – Dr. Howd sees 20pts daily and she has a FT Family Nurse Practitioner, who sees 10-12pts daily. In addition, work together with competent RNs, CMAs and dedicated non-clinical staff members.
- Option to use successful Adult Hospitalist program or follow your adult patients at Morris Hospital.
- Take office calls for your patients during the week when you’re working, with Answering Services available after hours.
- *Pediatric Rounding is required
- Med/Peds – be part of our 1:9 High Risk Nursery Call rotation. Within our Level II Perinatal Center, our Pediatricians are the ones who attend C-sections, complete newborn HxPs, etc.
- FP – participate in 1:11 Weekend Call – monthly pediatric census is typically 1x/month, e.g. if your pediatric patient is admitted in the evening of Mon-Thurs, you would round on that patient the next morning. If your pediatric patient is admitted on the weekend, they would go to the 1:11 FP Call group
- Benefits Include: Competitive overall compensation offer with Base Salary, plus yearly Quality & Productivity bonus potential – on top of your base, Relocation Bonus & Relocation Assistance, Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance, Annual CME & General Expense Allowance, Great Health Ins (50% discount for you and your dependents!), Life, and Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan with Matching, Paid Time Off (accrue 5wks yearly; 6wks at 5th work anniversary), and Annual Wellness Incentive.
About the Hospital:
- Recipient of The Advisory Board Company’s 2017 Workplace of the Year Award, an annual award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. (2017) & listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals“ list (2018, 2017, 2016).
- Access to friendly partners and great specialists – medical staff of more than 200 physicians covering 38 specialties, who provide great quality care to patients in the surrounding 7 zip codes and 11 communities that represent over 170,000 residents in our service area. Renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients – done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since 1998.
- Level II Trauma Center, Level II Perinatal Care Provider (with dedicated OR, 8 LDRP rooms & 4 NSR/Triage Rooms), Primary Stroke Certified and we are part of an Accountable Care Organization, since 01/2015. Dedicated 2East Pediatric Wing – all nurses are PALS trained.
- Long-standing Emergency and Radiology Department with great reputations. Our advanced imaging services provide comprehensive diagnostic and interventional therapies, plus our hospital offers 24/7 STEMI Coverage with state-of-the-art Cardiac CATH Lab, Dialysis, radiation therapy services and much more. Plus, receive support from our award-wining nursing staff and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Lab departments
Community & School Details:
Seneca, IL is a boating community that recently celebrated its 150th anniversary, and is located in LaSalle County – a place where all seasons are celebrated! The city has free access to the Illinois River, courtesy docking & the historic Illinois & Michigan Canal is located through the center of its downtown area. Seneca is known for their high-quality school curriculums & small classroom sizes where they provide “best practices” to kids as they assist them with career/college readiness. Seneca schools also cater to kids with special needs. Our physicians also live in the surrounding communities of Channahon, Minooka, Shorewood, Yorkville & Morris.The Morris downtown area, is always a bustling area through each season with unique specialty shopping boutiques, great local eats, antique shops, ‘Three French Hen’ Farmer’s Market, custom car shows, Liberty Arts Music Festival, Home for the Holidays, Morris Midnight events, plus much more! Whether you’re looking for scenic beauty, historical buildings, a nice place to call home, you’ll appreciate the friendly hometowns located within Morris Hospital’s service area.
If interested, please send your CV to Jennifer Goodwin, Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations @ email@example.com or call her at 815-705-1470.