Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a full-time BC/BE Internal Medicine physician who is passionate about inpatient medicine, committed, motivated with strong work ethics and desires to practice quality care. We currently have a Day Hospitalist position open, where the physician would work a 7on/7off, 12hr in-house schedule from 7am-7pm.
BLS/ACLS certification required through American Heart Association.
- Know your schedule in advance in case you’d like to switch – Entire team takes care of 85% of inpatients.
- Day Hospitalist would work alongside 1 other hospitalist & APRN daily (3 total). Total hospitalist-team census ranges from 30-40 total patient encounters (incl. admissions + cross-coverage) split between physicians & APRN takes on a few patients as well in addition to doing all discharges and care planning. Day Hospitalist hours would be in-house from 7am-7pm. Daytime admissions are 5-6 (avg).
- EMR is Meditech – Dragon dictation available as well; plus dedicated hospital coder reviews all charts for efficiency.
- Awesome Case Management, Social Work and Pharmacy support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every patient (including ICU) every day in the morning. Physician attendance welcome!
- No procedures needed; ED/ICU run the codes and rapid responses day and night. ED/Anes are typically the ones who help with intubating patients, General Surgeons also help as well.
- Level II Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Certified (gives TPA in ED – we keep Stroke patients), multitude of great, sub-specialty services avail: 24/7 STEMI call-Cath Lab, GI, GS, Colon-Rectal, Rad w/interventional, Ortho & Back, ID, 24/7 Pharmacy, RadOnc, Rheum, Endo, Tele-Psych, to name a few.
- Physicians should be comfortable w/rounding in open, all-encompassing ICU, e.g. Neuro, Cardio, etc. Pulmonary consults available.
- Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians since inception, circa 2009 – Dr. Lakshmi Anubrolu helped start the program and currently works as our Hospitalist Medical Director.
- Work with a cohesive team – several of our hospitalists today have been working together for the last 5+ or 10+years! – Team consists of FT/PT physicians and locum physicians as well as a FT Hospitalist APRN who works 8am-5pm M-F, helping with increasing hospitalist team volumes, care coordination and discharge planning.
If you’re interested in a full-time opportunity, please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to getting to know you better while sharing how we can meet your professional interests and needs. – Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations @ Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers; Phone: 815-705-1470; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org