Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking one (1) FT, BC/BE Interventional Cardiology physician to join Morris Hospital’s very successful Cardiovascular Team.
We have/do: IFR/FFR and IVUS, balloon pumps and the Equipment in our Cath Lab includes HAWK 1, Angiojet, CSI, IC catheters, IVC filters, Powerports. Besides doing all STEMI, our interventional cardiologists do the lion’s share of all interventions and PCI/Stents. Every month they each see 20 new patients in the office. Cardiology is our fastest growing service line and we’d like to expand hours in some of our clinics and potentially be in others once we add the 4th physician to the team. We have 29 clinics total as an organization in additional to our community-based hospital. Currently, our cardiologists practice out of four, in Morris (adjacent to the hospital), Channahon, Dwight and Ottawa. They each typically work at 2, one being the Morris office and having dedicated 1-1.5days in the CATH lab. If you wanted to do PFOs for closures, there is an opportunity for that as long as you’re comfortable not having cardio-thoracic surgery back-up. We currently don’t have vascular surgery or neurosurgery here. We offer a lot of other medical services to patients though!
- Candidate expected to perform coronary angiogram, coronary intervention, peripheral angiogram and intervention. State-of-the Art CATH Lab also includes stent, peripheral atherectomy, cardioversions and ICD procedure capability. Doing devices, is a plus, but not required.
- Currently a 4 physician employed practice with noninvasive, interventional-invasive and electrophysiology physicians, plus there’s an amicable secondary independent-cardiology group. Work with phenomenal and competent clinical and non-clinical staff members who’ve been part of the hospital-employed cardiovascular program since 2013.
- State-of-the-art offices with accredited nuclear, echo and vascular labs providing on-site imaging. We also have an accredited Cardiac Rehab program. Offices are close to great housing and school choices. It is a perfect opportunity to raise a family and enjoy the best of suburban and semi-suburban suburbs <75min away from Chicago.
- STEMI CALL 1:3 (with monthly stipend) and General Cardio Call 1:5.
- Work with a highly regarded hospital that’s a Level II Trauma & Primary Stroke Center (we give TPA in ED & keep Stroke patients in-house), and smallest IL community hospital with 24/7 STEMI call – we also boast a medical staff of more than 200 physicians, covering 37 medical specialties, e.g. GI, GS, Colon-Rectal, Rad w/interventional, Ortho & Back, InfDis, 24/7 Pharmacy, RadOnc, Rheum (we have 3!), Endo (we have 2!), Neph (we provide in-house dialysis too), Tele-Psych, to name a few. The only sub-specialties we don’t have is cardiothoracic/heart surgical back-up or Neurosurgery. If patient needed to be transferred, AMITA St. Joe’s in Joliet is the closest hospital. We do not have TAVR or Impella.
- We’re invested in the community – Rhythm of Our Youth Program has performed over 5,000 free EKG screenings for high school students across public and private schools in our service area since 2016.
- Please know that we have an extremely successful cardiovascular program with physicians and staff we’re so thankful to work with. Dr. Syed Ahmed has been here since the inception of the hospital’s, employed program as of 08/13 and currently lives in Shorewood, IL with his wife and 3 daughters. Dr. Athar Saeed grew up in Bolingbrook, IL and came to our hospital in 12/2014 and is still here along with the same staff who started in 2013. His wife is from Naperville and they live in Morris with their daughter. And in 04/18 we hired a non-invasive cardiologist, Dr. Mary Gordon who’s found the Midwest to be home for over 20 years. We also have a contracted EP physician who’s here one day per week seeing patients in the office and non-complex cases in the CATH lab. Our interventional cardiologists have 1 dedicated day in the CATH lab each week and then 3.5-4 clinic days.
At this time, we don’t have/do: e.g. Alcohol septal ablation, Atrial septal defect transcatheter repair, Balloon valvuloplasty, The Watchman Device, MitraClip transcatheter mitral valve repair, Paravalvular leak transcatheter closure, Patent foramen ovale transcatheter closure, Ventricular Septal Defect Transcatheter Repair, Impella, nor TAVR.
Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base Salary, Medical Education Loan Repayment per year (if appl.), Moving Bonus Assistance, $6,000 Annual CME & General Expense Allowance, GREAT Health (BCBS), Life, & Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, gym membership, and annual Wellness Incentive.
If you’re interested in our full-time opportunity, please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to getting to know you better while sharing how we can meet your professional interests and needs. ~Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations at Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers; firstname.lastname@example.org; 815-705-1470 (office); 630-347-7539 (cell, texts/calls welcome)