Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has a hospital-employed opportunity for a 4th BC/BE Internal Medicine Hospitalist (experienced or new graduate). We’re looking for a great colleague who’s passionate about inpatient medicine, committed, motivated with strong work ethics and desires to practice quality care. BLS/ACLS certification required through American Heart Assoc.
- 7on/7off/5on/9off schedule: in a 28-day period (incl. 1 wknd, possibly 2 depending on how the 28-day rotation works). Know your schedule in advance in case you’d like to switch days.
- Work ~12 day shifts onsite, includes taking night call FROM HOME. During the day, 1st hospitalist works 8am-3pm, or later if needed & 2nd Hospitalist works 10am-7pm.
- Nightly admissions are covered by ED. Night call from home is mostly shared between 1st & 2nd hospitalist. The 1st hospitalist covers ED, ICU & 2nd hospitalist covers patient floors. One hospitalist covers all night call 2 times in a 28-day period.
- Work with a cohesive team – 75% of our hospitalists today have been working together for the last 4+years! – Team consists of 4 FT & 4 PT physicians. Hospitalist APRN works 8am-5pm M-F, helping with increasing hospitalist volumes, care coordination and discharge planning.
- Work alongside 1 other hospitalist & APRN daily – hospitalist census ranges from 30-40 total patient encounters, split between physicians & APRN. Team takes care of 75% of inpatients.
- No procedures needed. Should be comfortable w/rounding in open-ICU. B/C Pulm-CC physicians round in ICU every morning and are available on-call. Hospitalists are not responsible for running codes, but you are responsible for attending codes for your patients when in-house.
- Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians since inception, circa 2009 – Dr. Lakshmi Anubrolu helped start the program and currently works as our Hospitalist Medical Director.
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, our hospital and communities we serve, please contact Jennifer Goodwin, Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 815-705-1470.