Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a FT, BC/BE Non-Invasive Cardiologist to complement our cardiovascular team, one of our fastest growing service-lines. Our cardiologists cover the majority of our inpatient volumes and we’re seeking to expand our outpatient services. Our organization is blessed to have an extremely successful cardiovascular program that’s been in place since August 2013, when Dr. Syed Ahmed, Interventional Cardiologist first joined. A year later Dr. Athar Saeed, Interventional Cardiologist started and Dr. Mary Gordon, Non–Invasive Cardiologist joined us in April 2018 after working in the surrounding area for 13 years. Our cardiovascular team also includes electrophysiology services 3 days per month.
- Non-Invasive work includes reading good volumes of Echo, Stress and Nuclear Stress tests, outpatient clinic and rounding on inpatients on call-days.
- Call is 1:4 for MH patients or 1:5 for ED no-doc schedule, with amicable secondary cardiology group.
- State-of-the-art offices with accredited nuclear, echo and vascular labs providing on-site imaging. We also have an accredited Cardiac Rehab program. Offices are close to great housing and school choices. Outpatient schedule is flexible, e.g. 4.5 days. Morris office is adjacent to hospital and our Channahon office is 15minutes west of Morris. Work with phenomenal and competent clinical, non-clinical staff members and cardiology coder who’ve been part of the hospital-employed cardiovascular program since 2013.
- In 01/2021, our newly remodeled Cardiac Diagnostics Department was expanded and conveniently moved next to the Cath Lab as part of Phase II of our Master Facility Plan*.
- Hospital EMR = Meditech; Outpatient EMR = eClinicalWorks; Dragon dictation available.
- We’re invested in the community – Rhythm of Our Youth Program has performed over 5,000 free EKG screenings for high school students across public and private schools in our service area since 2016.
Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base, $10,000 Medical Education Loan Repayment per year (if appl.), $8,000 Moving Bonus Assistance, $6,000 Annual CME & General Expense Allowance, earn production & quality-based compensation from the start of employment, GREAT Health (BCBS), Life, & Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, gym membership, and annual Wellness Incentive. Accrue 5 weeks of PTO in first year, 6 weeks at 5th work anniversary.
About the Hospital & Community & Contact Information:
- Work with a Level II Trauma Center that’s Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program. We also have a Sleep Center, long-standing phenomenal ED & Radiology departments (including IR & Breast Health Nurse Navigator), ENT, Peds, Ob/Gyn, 4 Urgent Care centers, our own blood bank, 3 pathologists, plus PT/OT/SLP Rehabilitation Services, pain management, wound care. We are Primary Stroke Certified (give TPA in ED – we keep Stroke patients), and a multitude of other great sub-specialty consults available, e.g. GI, GS, Colo-Rectal, Ortho/Back/Podiatry, ID, RadOnc, Hem/Onc, Neph (we do inpatient Dialysis here), Rheum, Endo, Tele-Psych, open ICU with Pulm consults available to name a few. Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for patients and physicians. Hospitalists admit inpatients day and night.
- Receive support from our award-winning nursing staff and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments. Awesome Case Management/Social Work support; Multi-Disciplinary Rounds are done on every inpatient (including ICU) in the morning.
- Work with an organization that’s true to its mission of improving the health of area residents. Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). 5-star hospital rating from CMS and we recently earned our 6th consecutive letter grade “A” from the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Program! We boast a renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients – done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since ‘98.
- *$60 million master facility plan included expanding our ED which opened early 03/20 (17 private rooms with state-of-the-art features). We also renovated our infusion therapy, imaging (new women’s center!), outpatient lab services and main lobby patient flow. Starting 05/21 as part of Phase 3, we will be modernizing our surgical waiting room, ORs and updating our patient registration process.
Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities and beautiful neighborhoods that are safe and provide naturally distanced areas with beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation at its BEST! Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds with being centrally located 75min southwest of Chicago. Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here! For more information, please contact Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations at (815) 705-1470, texts/calls also welcome at 630-347-7539 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org