- The Morris Community YMCA opened on January 10, 2015, in partnership with Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers. The Y and Morris Hospital collaborate to offer a variety of programming, including group exercise classes, youth enrichment and teen programs, senior wellness programs, and a number of medically-based fitness programs and community wellness initiatives.
- Morris Hospital offers free senior fitness classes for the community at the United Methodist Church in Minooka and at the Morris Community YMCA. The goal is to help seniors improve their mobility, flexibility and strength while providing socialization.
- The Morris Hospital 5K Fun Run is one of the highlights of the annual Grundy County Corn Festival.
- Morris Hospital participates annually in Coal City H.S.’s Family Wellness Night.
- Morris Hospital provides financial support to many area high schools’ post prom activities, in addition to providing staff for Road 2 Reality and mock DUI educational events.
- Each year, Morris Hospital partners with a number of area organizations to offer a Camp 911 safety program to area 3-5th graders. Camp 911 community partners have included EPIC Group, Morris EMS, Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District, Grundy County Sheriff’s Department, Morris Police Department, Minooka Fire Protection District, Morris Lions Club, Will County SWAT, Coal City Search and Rescue, Will County 911, MABAS 15 Water Rescue Team, independent physicians and Morris Hospital.
- As part of a commitment to supporting our community’s future healthcare providers, the Hospital devotes staff time to mentoring students studying to become nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, lab and radiology technologists through Joliet Junior College, College of DuPage, Illinois Valley Community College, Kankakee Community College, Lewis University, Midwestern University, Swedish American University, University of St. Francis, and Grundy Vocational Center.
- Morris Hospital is committed to hosting high school students through the Grundy Economic Development Council’s summer internship program. This program provides local students exposure to career opportunities in their communities.
- Morris Hospital improves access to health services by providing community members free rides to medical appointments through its free Patient Transportation Service. Rides are provided regardless of whether the medical provider is associated with Morris Hospital. The service is available to any community member needing a ride and is especially used by seniors and low-income community members.
- As a Resource Hospital within Illinois Region VII Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Morris Hospital is licensed to provide initial education and continuing training for area emergency medical technicians and paramedics, working side by side with local EMS providers to ensure the very best pre-hospital care for local communities.
- Morris Hospital provides laundered sheets, blankets and towels for the local PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter), in addition to providing pickup and delivery service, all free of charge, along with Saturday and Sunday meals for PADS clients.
- At the request of area organizations, Morris Hospital provides personnel to offer their talents and expertise by serving as volunteer leaders on boards of directors.
- Morris Hospital is a significant partner of the Will Grundy Medical Clinic, which provides free medical and dental care to qualifying residents. We demonstrate our support by providing free use of office space each month, volunteer time from Morris Hospital employed physicians, and free hospital services to clients referred from WGMC.
- Along with PADS, Morris Hospital helps fund We Care of Grundy County’s mobile food pantries and provides funds for We Care’s Fill the Pantry initiative multiple times throughout the year.
- Morris Hospital employees can be found ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at holiday time.
- The Morris Hospital’s Nutrition Services department prepares meals for patrons of St. Vincent’s Table six times a year, along with staff to serve the meals.