We are proud of the recognition we have received for excellence in patient care, safety and employee engagement:
- Healthgrades 2019 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and 2019 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™
- Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” list (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Winner of 17, 5-Star Excellence in Healthcare Awards for scoring in the top 10 percent of Professional Research Consultant’s national client database, based on the percentage of patients who rate overall quality of care as excellent: 2 South, Family Birthing Suites, Inpatient Services, Cardiac Diagnostics, Gardern Newark, Mazon, Minooka, Coal City Healthcare Centers, Rheumatology, Pediatricians, Allergy, OB/GYN, Outpatient Surgery – GI and Non-GI, Imaging, and Immediate Care – Yorkville. (2019).
- Named Best Employer in Grundy County through the Morris Herald News’ Reader’s Choice awards (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
- Winner of Professional Research Consultant’s Top Performer Award for Nursing Care based on the percentage of physicians who rated Morris Hospital nursing care as excellent (2016, 2017, 2018).
- Winner of Patient Safety Champion award from the Midwest Alliance for Patient Safety – Patient Safety Organization. (2018)
- Studer Group’s Excellence in Patient Care Award for pain management. (2018)
- Named Favorite Hospital through The Times newspaper Reader’s Choice awards (2017).
- Recipient of The Advisory Board Company’s 2017 Workplace of the Year Award, an annual award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. (2017)
- A Truven Health Analytics 100 Top Hospitals® award winner (2016)
- Named Studer Group’s Rural Healthcare Organization of the Month (May 2016)
- Listed as 1 of 37 hospitals to receive Consumer Reports highest rating for preventing surgical site infections, central line infections, and infections from urinary catheters (November 2014)
- Listed in Consumer Reports among the top 20 hospitals in Illinois for surgery safety (September 2013)
- One of 20 hospitals in the nation to receive the Healthcare Advisory Board’s Excellence in Employee Engagement Award (2012)
- Recognized by the Healthcare Advisory Board for Excellence in Employee Engagement (2011, 2012)
- Recipient of Studer Group’s Excellence in Patient Care Award for overall excellence in patient care (2011)
- Recipient of Studer Group’s Excellence in Patient Care Award for Nurse Communication (2010)
- Solucient Top 100 Hospitals (2007)
Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is:
- Accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program.
- Awarded Primary Stroke Certification from the Healthcare Facilities Accreditaton Program.
- Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
- A certified mammography facility, accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- Accredited by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists.
- Designated as a Level II Trauma Center.
- Designated as a Level II Perinatal Care Provider.
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
- Certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Recognized as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics.
- Licensed by the Illinois State Department of Public Health.
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (Medicare).
- A member in the American Hospital Association and the Illinois Hospital and Health Systems Association.